Author: Josuah Demangeon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 22:11:22 +0200
|M||README|| | ||32||++++++++++++++------------------|
|M||eel.c|| | ||2||+-|
2 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)
diff --git a/README b/README
@@ -1,23 +1,19 @@
-EEL(1) General Commands Manual EEL(1)
- eel – formatter for the ii irc client log format
+ii  is a FIFO-based IRC client which store the conversation as plain text
+files, and reads commands to send from FIFOs created along the way, and noting
- % tail -f irc.freenode.net/#chan/out | eel
+All the user interface go through the filesystem. While it is a bit raw to be
+used as is, it is a very good personnal IRC logging tool that use no memory
+(the buffers are not held back in memory), and building block to build a
+full-fleged client ontop of it.
- The eel utility process ii(1)-style logs from stdin and print a prettier
- format to stdout, grouping messages by sender.
+*eel* is a C program that formats the logs coming out from ii. sed and awk can
+not disable buffering unless they read from a terminal or if you use setvbuf
+ or the like.
- ii(1) ii | suckless.org tools:
+ *** example log to come soon ***
- Josuah Demangeon <email@example.com>
- Not production-ready yet!
-Void Linux March 15, 2018 Void Linux
diff --git a/eel.c b/eel.c
@@ -40,7 +40,7 @@ tail:
print_msg(time_t time, char *nick, int same, char *msg)
- char time_str[TIME_COL + 1];
+ char time_str[TIME_COL + 1];
nick = "";