Author: Wolfgang E. Sanyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:06:21 -0500
Fixed some markup errors with unintended emphasis.
1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
diff --git a/dwm.suckless.org/patches/current_desktop.md b/dwm.suckless.org/patches/current_desktop.md
@@ -2,20 +2,20 @@
- Sets _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS and _NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP on root to appropriate
+ Sets \_NET\_NUMBER\_OF\_DESKTOPS and \_NET\_CURRENT\_DESKTOP on root to appropriate
values. Note that 'appropriate' for these values don't make sense as xprop
-root output, since dwm uses them at bitwise but xprop displays them in base
- ten. In other words, if you have 4 desktops, _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS is actualy
+ ten. In other words, if you have 4 desktops, \_NET\_NUMBER\_OF\_DESKTOPS is actualy
0b1111 but xprop displays this as 15. I'm ok with this, because the end-user
(program, script, w/e) can always parse this appropriately. The same goes for
- _NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP: if you have desktops 1 and 3 selected, the value is
+ \_NET\_CURRENT\_DESKTOP: if you have desktops 1 and 3 selected, the value is
0b1010, but xprop shows this as 10. This isn't a problem.
- I should note that in this case, _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS does not exactly
+ I should note that in this case, \_NET\_NUMBER\_OF\_DESKTOPS does not exactly
conform to EWMH specifications: in reality, there are many more 'desktops' than
15 (in the above example), as any combination of 1, 2, 3 or 4 of the availables
- tags can be considered one desktop. _CURRENT_DESKTOP will, however, always be
- less that _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS, so I'm happy with that.
+ tags can be considered one desktop. \_CURRENT\_DESKTOP will, however, always be
+ less that \_NET\_NUMBER\_OF\_DESKTOPS, so I'm happy with that.
I wrote this patch mainly for myself, as I have a script for tabbed that uses
it (I will upload this later). I am open to feedback/contstructive criticism.