Author: Anselm R Garbe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:18:44 +0200
conference programme announcement
1 file changed, 116 insertions(+), 104 deletions(-)
diff --git a/suckless.org/conference.md b/suckless.org/conference.md
@@ -1,105 +1,117 @@
-Suckless people from all around the world will meet this year in the city
-of Munich at slcon 2013.
-# What timezone are the mentioned dates in?
-# How do I get the mentioned e-mail addresses to work?
-* Replace MAILHOST with "suckless.org"
-# What will happen when?
-* until 2013-03-15 (OVER)
- * Call for Registration
-* until 2013-04-15
- * Call for Papers
-* on 2013-05-15
- * Release of the programme and schedule
-* 2013-06-21 to 2013-06-23
- * 2013-06-21
- * social event
- * 2013-06-22
- * slcon 2013 day 1 + social event
- * 2013-06-23
- * slcon 2013 day 2 + end
-# Where will it happen?
- * The location depends on how many people register.
- * A separate announcement right after the deadline for the
- registration will describe where slcon 2013 will happen exactly.
-# How do I register to attend?
-* The call for registration is over. Now you should register a talk to attend
- slcon. See the appropriate question for how to do this.
-# What topics will the Suckless Conference be about?
-* Suckless software
- * talks about existing suckless software
- * ideas for further improvement
-* Suckless techtalk
- * talks about suckless technology
-* Suckless project ideas
- * talks about project ideas
-* Suckless philosophy
- * talks about the suckless philosophy
-These are hints what the topics should be mainly about. If you think something
-belongs onto the schedule of slcon but it does not fit the the above points,
-just register the talk/event. Suckless is flexible.
-# How do I register for a talk/event?
-* Send the title and a description of what you will present to con@MAILHOST
- until 2013-04-15.
-* Be sure to register that you will attend too, so we can plan the size of the
- place where the conference happens more easily.
-* Preferred format is text/plain and formatted UTF-8. Don't send huge PDF
- files which can't be viewed in st(1). less(1) is our PAGER. Please break
- your lines at 80 chars.
-# What software should the talk be held in?
-* Use what you like. There is Libreoffice available, but always think of the
- meaning of »hypocrisy«. Writing your own suckless presentation software is
- surely something that will be appreciated.
-# How long can by talk last?
-* Every speaker can use up to 45 min for his/her presentation. After that 10
- minutes of discussion follow and a 5 min break. If you need less time, then
- use less.
-# What language should talks be in?
-* English. If you have any communication problems contact us at con@MAILHOST
- and we will find some solution.
-# Are video streams and audio streams planned?
-* Yes, video and audio streams are planned.
-# Will the talks be recorded?
-* Only if there is a consent by the presenter that it should be done. The
- easiest way to preserve what was said on the conference is to have a text
- file in UTF-8 text/plain and some text formatting that tells the audience
- what was said. This is the maximum compression such a talk can be held and
- preserved in. We don't want academic papers, but something you would want to
- read when trying to get some information about what you as presenter said.
-* The easiest way is to just publish the PDF of the slides.
-# What are the costs?
-* After we received the number of people interested in such a conference costs
- are calculated. Standard economics apply.
-# Where can I sleep?
-* When the location is announced a list of nearby Hotels will be given.
-# How do I get there?
-* Germany has a very good infrastructure. Except for trains everything works
- very well. Since the location is not defined yet, planning for the airport
- MUC should be enough for now.
-# Where is the website?
-slcon 2013 organisation team
+suckless conference 2013, Munich
+Friday 21 June 2013
+ Arnulfstr. 52
+ 80335 München
+ (5 mins walking distance to the 4YOU hostel)
+Saturday 22 June 2013
+ LMU MÜNCHEN (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität)
+ Theresienstr 39
+ 80333 München
+ Room A027 / Raum A027
+* 9.00am-9.45am: Welcome the future of dwm, Anselm R Garbe
+ Anselm will present his plan about the next steps of the dwm
+* 9.45am-10.30am: st - the past and future, Christoph Lohmann
+ Christoph will present his plan about the next steps of st
+* 10.30am-11.15am: Bugs found by musl, Szabolcs Nagy
+ Szabolcs plans to pick a few issues and to show how a new libc can be
+ (and is) beneficial.
+* 11.15am-11.30am: Short break
+* 11.30am-12:15am: Future of sta.li, Anselm R Garbe
+ Anselm will present his current state of sta.li and next steps of the
+ sta.li development.
+* 12.15pm-1.00pm: runit and ignite , Christian Neukirchen
+ Christian will present runit and ignite and discuss if these systems
+ are in line with the suckless philosophy.
+* 1.00pm-2.00pm: Lunch break
+* 2.00pm-2.45pm: The costs of abstraction, Szabolcs Nagy
+ Szabolcs will discuss why C is still the only serious programming
+* 2.45pm-3.30pm: The suckless web ideas, Christoph Lohmann
+ Christoph will discuss suckless web ideas.
+* 3.30pm-4.15pm: Next generation, Anselm R Garbe
+ Anselm will investigate how to incorporate the next generation in the
+ decision making process of suckless.org, in order to spread the idea
+ further and to grow our influence.
+* 4.15pm-4.30pm: Coffee break
+* 4.30pm-5.15pm: suckless e.V., Anselm R Garbe
+ Anselm will discuss the plan to form a suckless e.V. in Germany.
+* 5.14pm-6pm: Buffer
+ Schellingstr. 9
+ 80799 München
+Sunday 23 June 2013
+* 10.00am-2.00pm: Frühschoppen and Wrap-Up
+ HOFBRÄUHAUS MÜNCHEN
+ Platzl 9
+ 80331 München
+ THE 4YOU HOSTEL & HOTEL MÜNCHEN
+ Hirtenstraße 18
+ 80335 München
+ IBIS MUENCHEN CITY
+ Dachauer Strasse 21
+ 80335 MUENCHEN